November is Children's Grief Awareness Month
November 1st - Parenting Workshop: How to Cope with the Holidays
The Holiday Season can be a mixture of feelings for those who are grieving the death of a loved one. During “Coping with the Holidays” Willow House clinicians will explore ideas on how to cope with holiday season and how to include additional family members and friends to be support for you.
- Nov 1, 2018: 6:30 pm – 8:30 pm
- 2231 Lakeside Drive, Bannockburn, IL 60015
Click on each image to download.
Bring a Grief Kit to your local library or school and have them display a few Willow House approved books for parents and grieving children:
Share your story and share how Willow House has helped in your journey on social media.
Follow, Like, and Share our posts on Facebook
November 15th is Children's Grief Awareness Day
- Get creative and wear blue!
- Consider hosting a fundraiser to benefit Willow House
- Get your school or coworkers involved
- Wear blue for a donation
- Host a bake sale
- Host a Silly hat day for a donation – again, get creative!
- Partner with your favorite neighborhood restaurant and % of proceeds benefit Willow House
Attend our Open House on Giving Tuesday, November 27th 11 am - 3 pm
Introduce a grieving family or potential corporate partner to Willow House and take a tour of our facility, enjoy light refreshments, and learn about the growing number of FREE programs offered to the families we serve.
#GivingTuesday is a global day of giving fueled by the power of social media and collaboration. Please consider donating to Willow House this Giving Tuesday.